Thursday, October 25, 2012

Entering the World of Motives

After graduating from the Aveda Institute of Chapel Hill, I went on to work in a salon as a Hair Stylist only to find out that,

 1) I hated making the same pointless chit chat everyday with clients
 2) I didn't like doing haircuts, color applications and styles everyday
                         and
 3) Other women stylists were typically bitchy, rude and not good company.

What I did discover was that I LOVE doing makeup! I was always excited when there was a Make-Up lesson on my appointment book, or when a Bridal Party came in. One time my salon did the Make-Up for models in a local fashion show, and that was probably one of my happiest memories I had while working there! I have always been interested in makeup, playing with my moms makeup kit when she wasn't around, wearing bright red lipstick around the house when I was only 12 years old, putting makeup on my little brother when Dad was at work....but I never thought of it as something I could spend my life doing, and making money doing it as well!

After leaving my short-lived career as a Hair Stylist, I got the opportunity to work for Clinique. I loved my job! I got to go to work, and play around with makeup all day...and convince other people to let me play with makeup on them! I loved going to classes and learning new techniques, then trying them out at the counter. I learned how to teach other people on how to properly apply their make-up, and I discovered how many people are clueless on some of the things that I thought was common knowledge. Part of what made me so happy was being able to help make another woman feel better about herself.

Then my wonderful husband came along and swooped me off my feet, so I left my job with Clinique and went to live with him. Now I am excited to continue on with my passion in the Make-Up industry by working with Motives Cosmetics! Motives is a new makeup line from Loren Ridinger and I think its absolutely fabulous! My goal is to use this makeup line for my business 'Beautiful You' that I am hoping will kick off sometime in 2014. I also am going to be working with J'Adore Fason Salon in Cary doing makeup parties, lessons and applications.

I start classes with Motives tomorrow, and I am so excited to learn all about this new line! I would like to pass on my knowledge of this product, as well as some of my learned Make-Up tips and tricks with you!

Check out my Motives Website!
Motives with Justina

No comments:

Post a Comment