Saturday, October 27, 2012

Make-Up With The Kardashians

Most people that know me know that one of my guilty pleasures is watching bad reality TV shows like Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, and especially Keeping Up with the Kardashians! I can't help it, I know it's terrible but it's so addicting! And the worst part is I feel like I've developed relationships with these people. Sad, I know. Thank goodness these shows usually come on at 10 pm so that my husband is usually asleep already and doesn't have to suffer through them.

Being a Make-Up artist, I can't help but admire how good the Kardashians makeup always looks! I mean I know they are just beautiful girls in general, but they always look so flawless! They are few of the lucky people that happen to have a personal Make-Up artist on hand! Don't we all wish we had that privilege? I always have wondered, what line of makeup does Kim's makeup artist use? Surely it's an expensive, high end makeup line that none of us regular folks can afford. Surely.

 


Friday, I had my first class with Motives Cosmetics. It was amazing! I learned so much about the products and the company; it makes me proud to be a part of such an amazing team, and excited to start my journey as a Motives Makeup Artist! This makeup line is definitely a professional high quality makeup, with such an affordable price! I mean $24.95 for a full coverage foundation is an amazing price for the quality. You'd expect something this awesome to be like $40-$50 at least! I know I'm paying $40 right now for my Estée Lauder foundation!

One thing I learned that I was really excited about (but probably shouldn't have been AS excited as I was) is that the Kardashians makeup artist is a Motives Pro-Artist! So it seems I am using the same brand of Make Up that is used on the beautiful and famous Kardashian sisters! And it's super affordable! Yup, this is the right choice for me!


Kim wearing Photo Finish Powder $24.50
Buy Here!



Kim with Loren Ridinger, Founder of Motives Cosmetics

Since the powder looked so good on Kim, I decided to try it out for myself, and I love it! I have
pretty bad acne scars, and it covered all my blemishes, evened out my skintone, and didn't leave my skin feeling dry or cakey like most full coverage powder foundations do. I applied the product with a Powder Foundation Brush for a softer look, but you could also use a sponge for application to get more coverage. This would look awesome over top of a liquid foundation, or worn alone if your in a rush, in the car, or simply don't like to mess with a liquid foundation.

Another awesome thing about this powder is that it shows up beautifully in pictures! Dont you hate when you take a picture with your girlfriends and your face turns out white? This wont happen with the Photo Finish Powder! I am in love, and I bet you would be too! I took this picture of my makeup with my iPad, so its not very clear, but you can still tell that my skin looks flawless and you would never be able to tell that I had so many scars hidden underneath. What do you think?


I can't wait to experiment more with the Make-Up that is offered in this line, and as I play with it and learn more about it, I will post tricks and techniques and How-To's so you can master the art of makeup yourself!
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love your post very entreating and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the information you share and hope your career takes off with all your love and enthusiasm for the cosmetic industry.

    ReplyDelete